The Swinery is Seattle’s first and only sustainable butcher and meat shop.
When we say sustainable we are talking about our commitment to buying animals from within 300 miles of our shop, buying whole animals instead of boxed meat, buying from small farmers instead of large agribusiness enterprises, and both paying and charging a fair, real price for our products. We are committed to using organic products wherever we can, and products raised and made with organic practices where certified organic is not possible.
The Swinery carries properly aged, hung, and prepared meats to delight your taste buds. We’re using “old school” practices such as buying only whole animals and using the whole thing. We want to bring back the flavor that’s been lost with mass-produced factory meats. Old-world influences and modern practices combine in our shop to produce incredible meats and sausages with amazing flavors.
3207 California Avenue Southwest
Seattle, WA 98116-3304
Behind the Counter
Courtyard Cafe Hours:
Monday - Friday 11AM - 4PM
Weekends 10AM - 4PM
3207 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA ~ 98116
Come Say Hi!
- Holiday Hours – Open Christmas Eve Day
- Holiday Craziness! Check Out Our Seasonal Offerings…
- Let’s Talk Turkey! Now Taking Orders for Thanksgiving Turkeys and Sides
- The Swinery Named Among The 10 Best New-School Butcher Shops in America
- Get Ready for Your Close-Up! Film Crew at the Swinery Tomorrow, Tuesday September 25!